Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Blog 1

After reading these two essays, I found that in some ways I am experiencing/ have experienced the same thing. Other parts however, I have not. For instance, I did not have a competition with my friend to see who could go the longest without opening a book. A big reason for this is that I've always paid alot of attention to my grades throughout high school because I knew that the higher my GPA and ACT were, the more academic money I would get paid. On the other hand, I am finding that the quantity and expected quality of my work is much higher than high school was. I had one major outside pressure to coming to SEMO and that is baseball. I was given the opportunity to play baseball here and it met all the criteria for what I desire in being a college athlete. I was lucky enough to have my parents let me go wherever I wanted and them not pressure me on a certain school or area. My main purpose for going to college is to get my degree in business/finance and become a financial advisor. I am aware that many people change their majors and life goals during college so I might change my mind later, but I like having a plan. I plan on meeting the academic goals for this school by utilizing all the rescources available including a SOAR counselor and also study hall hours assigned to me by my coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment